Sunday 31 October 2010

Reflecions on a Model Test

A digital image from a recent model test:


This test reinforced my understanding of how much the model is an important part of the collaborative team. This model was not a very cooperative collaborator and as a result I found her really hard to work with. I think she would have been better suited to a David Bailey style male photographer who would tell her she how sexy she was. Anyway this meant it's taken me ages to get around to editing the pictures, because the shoot wasn't as enjoyable as usual and therefore I think I like the pictures less.
This evidenced an emotional commitment to my photographic process that I hadn't been aware of before.

On the other hand it was a dream to work with the wonderful make up artists Larissa Carey again. She as always was icredible, so tallented and entirely lovely:

You can see her work on www.mnavyprincess.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment