Tuesday 6 December 2011

Film as Dream, Film as Music. No Art Passes Our Conscience in the Way Film Does.

I'm really happy because I got a new camera:

It's a Lomokino, and it shoots stop motion films onto 35mm film. I haven't had the chance to test it out properly yet, but I did make this little film of a boat yard while visiting some family friends recently. 

I'm super happy with the filmy quality, even though the weather was a little overcast, and can't wait to try it out to develop a movie with a more narrative structure. The thing I love most about photography is creating a story and I hope that this new camera will be a new tool to help me explore story telling in a different way. 

Also while visiting the boat yard I took this snap of family friend Alan picking field mushrooms, which I think is too good not to share:
Feeling excited and inspired to make some more moving image work.

No comments:

Post a Comment