Sunday 9 January 2011

French Camera

I found this antique camera in a junk shop in France.
As you can see it is bigger than my head and I'm a little bit in love with it...




It's for wet plate photography but it didn't have a back on it to hold the plates when i bought it, so I ordered some on ebay and they came in this box wirh loads of beautiful stamps on, which i think is a really good sign...


Sadly I won't be able to try it out for a while as I need a carpenter friend to make something to attach the new backs to the camera body... and also I'm super poor at the moment and I think the chemicals are going to be quite expensive...

Nevertheless I am hugely excited about it, and hopefully soon I will be making pictures like Sally Mann:

She uses a similar camera for her wet plate collodian images.

No comments:

Post a Comment