Monday 24 January 2011

Reading

I feel that my photographic experimentation has been a little less than usual at the moment and this is due to the increased amount of time I have been dedicating to the consumption of academic literature focussing fashion photography.
I have a dissertation to write over the next couple of months, and a lot of books to read:



Because fashion photography has not long been recognised as a legitimate cultural form worthy of serious study there are not very many books are written specifically about this subject, therefore my classmates and I have been reading very widely, researching sociology, photographic theory, art history and all sorts of different areas of cultural studies. Primarily I have been reading to research specifically for the dissertation, but I feel like a lot of the things I have been learning about have also influenced the way I see my practical photography work, and I want to try to incorporate some of these influences here on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment