Tuesday 16 August 2011

Excess of Space... a Contradiction in London.

Stylist Marina Magalhaes and I recntly sumbitted to a magazine who's theme was Excess... but we took this stimulus in a different direction and decided to shoot on the theme of "An Excess of Space" where the model would appear secondary to the blank canvas of a vast landscape. These are a couple of Polaroids similar to those we submitted: 


Styling: Marina Magalhaes 
Make-Up and Hair: Laura Goya
Model: Lora Hayes


I am really happy with how the shoot went, but the process of finding a suitable location to convey this idea made me feel very homesick and disenchanted with London. I spend several days searching the city for a big space that was empty yet still interesting, and I actually found plenty but they were all contained within high fences and covered in signs saying things like "trespassers will be prosecuted" and I learnt the hard way that no space is free to roam in London.








We ended up shooting in a park using clever cropping to create the illusion of space. It worked out fine but it made me really miss the open spaces of the countryside.

2 comments:

  1. I love the first picture.It's really beautiful and it has a wonderful composition :)

    ReplyDelete