Monday 22 August 2011

Wasting Time Thinking About a Girl

Yet another disjointed attempt at my calendar project inspired by the wonderful photographer Lina Scheynius... 

I keep forgetting what day I'm up to and getting behind and deciding to start again. I need to find another camera to dedicate to this project, and get myself better organised, or come to terms with the fact that I will never be able to do it for a whole year...

But I don't think I'm ready to give up on it quite yet. 
This is the challenge (that I am yet to successfully complete) as set out on Lina's website:

"take one picture of yourself every single day for one year. use whatever you might find in the place you happen to be - just make sure that you are always in the frame somewhere, somehow. there will be tons of days when you will not want to take a picture of yourself - do it anyway! take the first one in july 2009 and the last one in june 2010 - and then develop all the rolls all at once. voila!"























If you think this is interesting have a look at these projects by other photographers who are more dedicated and organised than me:

Lina Scheynius's "Calendar

Noah Kalina's "Noah K Everyday"

and Jonathan Keller's "Living My Life Faster"

xxxx

1 comment: