Tuesday 16 August 2011

In the Strongest Conjuration

I know I've spoken a bit about my childhood in the Isles of Scilly before and how it's been a really big influence on myself and my photography, but I went home recently and thought maybe it's worth explaining a little bit more about this ridiculous and magical place.
Twenty-eight miles of the South West tip of Cornwall there is a little archipelago of islands called the Isles of Scilly and this is where I grew up before I moved to London to study fashion photography. The population of the islands is about 2,000 and you can only get there by boat, plane or helicopter.


I love going back whenever I can to see my friends and family and appreciate how utterly beautiful the landscape is and how fortunate I am to come from this place. These photos show the kinds of things we islanders get up to.

The islands from the sea...

Me looking super happy in the bow of my friend's boat. Shortly after this picture was taken I got completely soaked by a wave...

My mother and grandfather walking on the top of one of the uninhabited islands with Round Island lighthouse in the distance...

My sexy friends Abby, Emma and Jen looking dreamy in bikinis...

Relaxing on the beach... this is in England I promise...

Some of my friends chasing us in their boat...
  
Frank Roberts, my granddad...

My lovely mother...

My granddad catching shrimps at low tide... 

Me on the beach... that island behind me is called Teän too, I was named after it...

Far too many people and a massive dog in a boat...

I'm going back in a few days again for my friend's birthday, I absolutely can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment